1. HEPS Topics
• Healthcare Ergonomics and Human Factors;
• Ergonomics and Human Factors in Healthcare Quality;
• Ergonomics and Human Factors in Primary Care;
• Occupational Health and Safety;
• E-ergonomics and e-occupational health services;
• Patient Safety;
• Infection Control;
• Errors in Healthcare and Patient Safety;
• Healthcare Systems Design;
• Social Systems Design;
• Organizational Design of healthcare systems;
• Resilience in Healthcare Systems;
• Technologies and Healthcare Systems;
• Patients Experiences / Patients Participation / Involvement;
• Demographic challenges and patient safety;
• Innovation in healthcare.
Please carefully read all of this section’s content before submitting your MANUSCRIPT.
The inclusion of accepted manuscripts at the symposium publications presupposes that the authors commit themselves to make their respective presentation at the event.
MANUSCRIPTS can be submitted to one of two different publications:
• as book chapters published at the book entitled “Health and Social Care Systems of the Future: Demographic Changes, Digital Age and Human Factors” by SPRINGER.
• as abstracts published at the HEPS 2019 Abstracts Book with ISBN.
2.1 BOOK CHAPTER
Health and Social Care Systems of the Future: Demographic Changes, Digital Age and Human Factors (edited book by SPRINGER)
• English written book chapter (4-8 pages)
• Indexed at SCOPUS
If accepted for publication, the inclusion of each book chapter implies the enrolment of, at least, one of the authors in the HEPS 2019, by April 15, 2019. The registered author will be offered a copy of the book.
HEPS 2019 Abstracts Book
• English written abstract (2-3 pages)
• With ISBN
If accepted for publication, the inclusion of each abstract implies the enrolment of, at least, one of the authors in the HEPS 2019, by April 15, 2019. The registered author will be offered a copy of the book.
For the preparation of the abstract the model provided must be used.
2.3 SUBMISSIONS DEADLINES
• Submission until January 20, 2019, in English
• Preliminary decision (sent by email) until February 22, 2019
• Revised manuscript submission until March 22, 2019
• Final decision (sent by email) until April 5, 2019
• Submission until January 31, 2019, in English
• Preliminary decision (sent by email) until February 28, 2019
• Revised abstract submission until March 29, 2019
• Final decision (sent by email) until April 12, 2019
3. HEPS 2019 PRESENTATIONS
Presentations at the Conference may be in Oral or in Poster form, according to the Symposium Scientific Committee decision.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS
• Each presentation should have a maximum of 12 minutes
• It is advisable to count one slide per minute, maximum
• The speaker should go to the room where the presentation will be held during the break before his session, in order to deliver his presentation to the session’s Chairman
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTERS
• Please organize your poster according to the template dimensions (80 cm width x 120 cm height)
• It is recommended that posters should be prepared to be printed on a single sheet
• Please consider the top of the poster for title and authors, as indicated in the submitted article
• Text, figures, etc., must be clear enough to be read from a 2 meters distance
• Posters should be printed by the authors and delivered at the symposium help desk during July 3, morning
• The placement of the posters at the placards is organization responsibility
For the preparation of the posters, a model will be provided soon.
CRITERIA FOR PAPER ACCEPTANCE
Classification of papers submitted is based on the review criteria, which are classified from 1 to 4 each. Final scores will vary from 0 to 20. The minimum score to be accepted is 12.
• Significance of abstract
• Theoretical Framework Soundness
• Findings and conclusions